The IDC 2019 Student Volunteer (SV) team is core to the strength of the conference, in keeping it running smoothly and making sure that the attendees and speakers have a great experience.
As a student volunteer, you receive free registration providing you access to all conference events including the social events! This will give you a chance to meet established members in the community and build a long lasting network with your student volunteer peers. Being an SV is a great (and fun) experience, and provides valuable insights on how scientific conferences run.
Accepted students will be expected to arrive before the conference for an orientation session (June 11th in the afternoon). During the conference your activities will include supporting the registration process, hosting and guiding people over the different venues of the conference, supporting exhibitors in building-up and taking down their demos. Consequently, you will be present until the end of the conference, i.e. through Saturday, June 15th. Throughout these five days you will have around 20 hours of work. This should give you plenty of free time to meet with other visitors and attend various activities throughout the conference.
We recommend booking accommodations at the Boise Inn & Suites conference hotel; the rooms are spacious so two SVs could share a room.
- Application Deadline: (on or before) 10 April 2019
- Participants notified of acceptance: (on or before) 17 April 2019
- Age: Applicants must be 18 years of age or older (on or before June 11, 2019)
- Full-Time Student Status: Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled full time for at least one semester during the 2018-2019 academic year
Accepted students are expected to fulfill the following:
- Attend the orientation session on June 11th
- Be motivated and show responsibility for assigned tasks
- Serve around 20 hours of voluntary work during the full conference (June 12-15)
Examples of the conference duties:
- Attendees registration
- Support contributors
- Provide general assistance to conference attendees
To apply to be a student volunteer (SV) go to: https://chisv.org/IDC2019/. Where it asks you to “Please explain why you want to be an SV at the conference.”, please enter:
- Your motivation to participate at this year’s IDC conference
- Any explanation of need
- Whether you are an author on a submission and what kind (e.g. full/short paper, work-in-progress, doctoral consortium)
You will be asked to provide a picture of your student ID card for verification.