WELCOME TO IDC 2021
We are pleased to announce that the ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2021 will be held on June 24-30, 2021 in an online format. IDC is the premier international conference for researchers, educators and practitioners to share the latest research findings, innovative methodologies and new technologies in the areas of inclusive child-centered design, learning and interaction.
The theme for ACM IDC 2021 is “Global meets local: designing with and for children in a changing world”. The theme considers the unprecedented situation of the pandemic and the insights that are continuously gained as the entire planet experiences this situation. Due to the universal scale and nature of the pandemic, coupled with its impact on a local level, IDC 2021 will assume a flexible, and diverse approach.
Originally planned as a hybrid conference to be held online and in Athens, Greece (pandemic permitting), it has now been decided that IDC 2021 will be online-only, on the following dates:
- Doctoral Consortium
- Ice breaking event: Thursday, June 10, 2021 UTC
- Actual event: Thursday, June 24, 2021 UTC
- Workshops & Courses
- Friday June 25, 2021 UTC
- Saturday June 26, 2021 UTC
- Sunday June 27, 2021 UTC
- Conference (Full and Short) Paper video presentation broadcast and live q&a, Work-in-Progress broadcast and live q&a, Panels live , Keynote talks live
- Monday June 28, 2021 UTC – Wednesday June 30, 2021 UTC