Visitor’s Visa

Some countries allow their residents to travel to the US for 90 days without a visa. If you do not live in one of these countries, you must obtain either a B1 visa (business travel) or a B2 visa (tourist/visitor.) Often, these two visas are issued as a “combination” visa B1/B2. For more information, we recommend this page on


Apply for a visa (or check if you can visit without visa.)


Visa Support Letters

ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters and other contributions or members of the conference committee. For visa support letters, refer all requests to ACM suggests posting this address on the conference web-site. Those requesting a letter should allow up to one week to receive it.


All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:

  • Name (as it appears on attendee’s passport) and mailing address
  • The name of the conference attendees is registering for (IDC 2019)
  • Attendee’s registration confirmation number
  • Authors should indicate the title of their contribution (paper, note, work-in-progress, demo, keynote, workshop).
  • Include a fax number or email address of where letter can be sent


If an attendee requests a letter from the organizers (some embassies might require one), please contact


ACM does not provide letters for transport of vendor or presenter equipment. ACM suggests shipping the materials insured to the conference facility.