Demos and Art Installations are interactive expositions of technologies and technology solutions. The purpose of the Demos and Art Installations is to share hands-on experiences and promote and provoke debate of innovative interactive technologies that are relevant for children in one way or another. We welcome interesting demo and art installations such as prototypes, devices, systems, games, videos and performances from a wide range of practitioners in areas such as design, learning, engineering, research and fine arts, including submissions from students and independent practitioners. Demos and Art Installations should offer an experience for about 10 minutes.
- Submission deadline: 06 April 2020
- Notification: 27 April 2020
- Camera-Ready Deadline: 04 May 2020
- (Main) Exhibition day: TBD
The exhibition will be up for audience at least the second day of the conference. This is however depending on the number of installations to exhibit and will be discussed with the exhibitors well in advance.
Submissions should include the author(s) name and affiliation – in other words, they are not blind, but confidentiality will be maintained. Please upload the documents (pdf files) via the online conference system (https://new.precisionconference.com/). A submission for Demos and Art Installations must consist of the following:
- Description of the type of demo/ artwork and intended presentation format (up to 4 pages including references in SIGCHI Extended Abstracts format). We also ask you to prepare a short video (up to 5 minutes) for communicating the installation to the reviewers and to include the url link directly in the Extended Abstract format (only url, not to be uploaded as a supplementary file).
- A still image of at least 1500 x 1200 px that represents your demo/ artwork. The image is intended for publications and conference publicity. The image will be uploaded as a supplementary file in the online conference system.
- To help the jury and chairs understand the logistical constraints as well as the background of the demo/art installation, you also need to detail the requirements for the exhibit via this Google form: TBD
Accepted Demos and Art Installation papers will be included in the conference proceedings published in the ACM Digital Library. Publication of the paper is dependent on there being at least one author of the paper registered and participated in the conference.
Demo and Art Selection Process
All submissions will be peer reviewed by an expert panel, including the Demo and Art chairs. Our objective is to ensure that the demo and art installations is exciting and significant, while representing a diversity of interactive technologies that are relevant for children. Acceptance of proposals will be based on criteria such as: relevance of the demo/art installation to the IDC community, conference theme, the value provided to the intended audience, feasibility, available space at the conference, and other relevant information.