Call for Doctoral Consortium
The 21st Interaction Design and Children Conference (IDC) 2022 is now accepting applications for its Doctoral Consortium (DC) track. The DC is a forum for PhD students to present their work, to receive feedback and guidance by experienced researchers in the field. It is an opportunity to discuss first results, future plans, stumbling blocks and difficulties towards finishing their PhD research. It is a closed event where only PhD students can participate. Interested students should submit an extended research abstract (up to 4 pages, excluding references) describing:
- The research topic (context, motivation, most important related work)
- The research question you are trying to answer
- The work so far (any studies or initial work)
- The methods used so far
- The planned next steps
Abstracts will be reviewed and selected on the basis of quality and the benefit students may derive from participating in the DC. Preference will be given to students who: have already worked at least 9 months on their PhD and have more than 9 months of work left to do. We strongly encourage applications from those with diverse backgrounds to increase the diversity of thought and perspective within the DC and IDC community.
- An extended abstract (a PDF file which should not exceed 4 pages in length, excluding references). Submissions to DC-IDC 2022 should use the ACM CHI Publication Format.
- A brief cover letter presenting: (i) a short description of what you will bring and add (from your diverse perspective) to the DC, and what you hope to gain; and (ii) a statement of the intended contribution of your PhD research (how your work should move the field forward).
- A brief recommendation letter from your main thesis advisor supporting your application
Submit your material via the Precision Conference System (PCS) – https://new.precisionconference.com/submissions, select Society: SIGCHI | Conference/Journal: IDC 2022 | Track: IDC 2022 Doctoral Consortium.
Those accepted to the Doctoral Consortium will automatically be selected as Student Volunteers and will receive some financial assistance to participate in the conference.
- Submission Deadline: 4 April 2022
- Notification: 25 April 2022
- Doctoral Consortium Day: 27 June 2022
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org