Call for Bids for IDC 2024 & 2025
We invite researchers working in the field of Interaction Design and Children (IDC) to submit outline bids for hosting and chairing the ACM SIGCHI IDC Conference in 2024 and 2025. If you are interested, please send your bid by mail to the IDC Steering Committee Chairs Panos Markopoulos (P.Markopoulos@tue.nl) and Jerry Fails (firstname.lastname@example.org).
IDC 2023 will be hosted in the United States, and so we anticipate IDC 2024 will be in Europe (not in the United States of America) and that IDC 2025 will be in a separate location (possibly back in the United States or Central or South America). That said, we welcome bids from any region and are open to working with those interested to create a bid.
We ask for those interested in hosting to reach out by October 15, 2022.
Please address the following points in your bid (do not exceed three pages):
- Clearly identify how you and members of your team (including some members of your program committee) have been involved in past IDC events. We encourage teams with a good mix of new people but also with some members who have been involved in IDC before. We generally have co-chairs on program committees and one will continue to serve the following year (to promote consistency). We expect that organizing committees will include people from different parts of the world with varied experiences and backgrounds.
- Briefly explain the relevant experience the host institution has in supporting and organizing workshops and conferences.
- Specify the location where the conference will be held (describe the rooms and facilities) and describe how accessible the venue is including rail and airline links and proximity of hub airports. Also, indicate the accessibility of the venues for conference participants with varied abilities.
- Highlight the benefits of hosting IDC at your proposed venue and location for the IDC community as a whole. Explain how your bid will help IDC reach out to new attendees, maybe industrial, maybe from another academic discipline and explain the unique aspects of the bid that will facilitate this outreach.
- Identify potential sponsors, co-organizers and industry partners.
As IDC is a SIGCHI sponsored conference, please familiarize yourself with the SIGCHI Help Pages on organizing a conference. The information can be found here: https://sigchi.org/conferences/organizer-resources/organising-a-sigchi-sponsored-or-co-sponsored-conference/conference-series-handbook/. The IDC conference has a handbook that will be helpful as you organize the conference.
The bid will be reviewed by the IDC conference steering group, which includes past general chairs of IDC. Bids that are successful at the initial stage will require further development where we will seek to have more details of the proposed program committee and an outline of the budget. This is NOT expected at the initial stage. The steering committee will select the host for IDC 2024 no later than December 1, 2022. The IDC2024 host will be expected to be present and announce the conference during the IDC 2023 conference which will be hosted in the United States of America (USA).